Sunday, June 30, 2013

updates of my adventure

How is the preposterous plan going so far? Fabulous! New York was super fun and now I am in Lille. The family is so nice and they have a beautiful house and garden. Yesterday we went to Belgium and I loved it. We went on a boat ride to see all of the amazing buildings all around. It was so so cool! As we were driving from France to Belgium, I had my passport ready. It was weird though, because there was just a sign that said Belgium and we drive right through. I said to Golda, they haven't had a 911.

I have really loved the food. Catherine is a really good cook and everything she has cooked had been delicious. Some funny things: the son is 20, doesn't have his driver's license, and drinks and smokes during and after every meal including breakfast! Last night he grabbed a bottle of half empty vodka, dumped juice in it and left for a party. Haha. Also, the other night, we ate a dish that had raw beef in it and as we were cleaning up, Olyme put it in the microwave for the night. We also made crepes for dinner. I cracked an egg and there were small red specks in it and they said it was fine. Golda and I just looked at each other and tried to forget they were in there. The crepes were great! There is always wine on the table. Don't worry, though. I don't drink it. Another funny thing, the dad, Francois, was on his way to a cocktail party, but as he left, he gulped down a glass of wine. Today we have been resting in our room, blogging, reading scriptures, etc. :) 

3 comments:

Circe said...

You blogged! I love it! So funny, too. Do you think Olympe might read it? Blog some more...if you have a chance. But don't worry about us here at home, hanging on every word you and Golda post. You two just enjoy yourselves. No news is good news. But some news is better! :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love hearing any little bit! Love ya, Coco

Anonymous said...

Ps...coco cant comment on goldas blog bcbitbdoesnt have an anonymous option. Sighning in to google: "gowchie? Glowchie? Zowchie1?..." Mom